Novi Sad, Serbia
Imagine a piece of paper with key words on it, scattered around, in different colours and sizes, with many lines between them going back and forth. One could say: “What a mess!” But I like to think of it as: “Myself in 172 characters” :) 5C: Culture/ Conflict/ Creativity/ Challenge/ Change; 4L: Lara/ Learning/ Laughing/ (un)Limiting; 3T: Tiago/ Training/ Travelling; 2E: Exploring/ Educating; 1S: Shakespeare. Or in other words, I am an international freelance trainer and facilitator, with a particular interest in intercultural learning, conflict transformation and empowerment of young people, youth workers and youth NGOs. I am passionate about facilitation of nonformal education and creative possibilities it brings along, and dedicated to exploring lifelong learning. Both offline and online.
Why I am a humble bee?
My main motivation to become a humble bee comes from the need to reflect, share and create links with other people dedicated to conflict transformation and peacebuilding and related fields, but with different background and approaches. As a freelance educator, although most of the times I have the privilege and pleasure to be working with different, competent and interesting colleagues, I lack some kind of structure behind me that would help me grow and develop. I strongly believe that, by becoming a part of humble bee community, I would feel that support and even more importantly, have a chance to learn from other humble bees with different expertise in the field. At the same time, being a humble bee would allow me to have a wider reach to those who would benefit from my competencies and experience. Finally, I feel that humble bees have a potential to grow into a community of dedicated people who could contribute to raising the quality of interventions aimed at bringing about social change.
- Peace/ human rights/ global education
- Intercultural learning
- Conflict transformation
- Youth activism and participation
- Training (Great majority of my experience is in European youth work training and it based on non-formal education methods. In addition, I have experience in using animation techniques, forum theatre, living library and e-learning).
- Facilitation (I am not sure about the methods here, but I have facilitated uninational/binational and international dialogue sessions; online dialogue programmes; interfaith dialogue; cultural understanding programmes; organisational strategic planning; local youth policy and action plan development etc.)
- Conflict resolution and mediation
- Communication skills
- Street animation/campaigning